Wow! What a night.
As I look back on this past Sunday night at Revolution Church, I am still blown away. I am amazed at the sheer number of folks that showed up share in the night. Also, I am so overwhelmed at how many folks served and invested in the ministry of our church over the past year. And, of course, I am blown away at the love and support that my family gets from Revolution Church.
For those of you who were not able to attend Vision Night, I want to take a moment to recap a few highlights from 2014. You can also find these in our Vision Night guide, which we will have available this Sunday on our information table. So, here ya go…
- We launched our Life Recovery ministry on October 11, 2014 to help those in our community who are dealing with hurts, habits and hang-ups.
- We have seen continual growth in our student ministry with several students coming to faith in Jesus.
- We sent our student ministry on our first official mission trip as a church family.
- We remodeled 51 Main Street to open up a multi-purpose room to be used through out the week for Kids ministry, Life Recovery, Homeschoolers, etc.
- We continued our support of investing in church planting in North America, Southeast Asia & South America.
- We’ve seen many homes and lives changed by Jesus this year.
- We initiated a Church Leadership Team that helps guide and lead the ministries of our church.
- We have seen community become a increasingly important part of our church’s body life.
So, what is our focus as we move into 2015?
Well, our focus can be summed up in the words of Jesus in Matthew 28:19-20 where he said, “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Noticed, that I highlighted the phrase – make disciples. As we move into 2015 this is going to be an area of our mission that we as a church family are going to double down on. We are going to do this by – investing more resources and energy into the ongoing ministries of our church, rewriting our REV U classes to further equip our church family to make disciples, developing a church planting internship in conjunction with our church planting network (www.cpcnonline.com) and moving forward with the vision of renovating the rest of our current property.
Also, I shared a couple of financial matters with everyone. First, I shared the proposed 2015 budget. If you didn’t get a copy, please pick up a Vision Night guide this Sunday. If you have any questions about the budget, please feel free to contact any of our elders for clarification. We will vote to affirm the budget on Sunday, December 28, 2014. Also, I shared a few needs that we have in order to launch Village Coffee and upgrade our sound system. The total cost for these things is around $7,000. If you would like to give a year-end gift toward these projects you can give to “Finishing Well – 2014.” You can do this by check during a worship gathering or here online.
In conclusion, I am very excited about where God has led our church family so far. We have not arrived nor are we perfect, but by His grace we will be the church that He has called us to be. I can’t wait to see what great things God has in store for us next year.